We know how confusing all the information about breastfeeding can be. Sometimes it can feel like a lot! We hope that these handy infographics will help you focus on what you really need to know.
Infographics © Breastfeeding Mothers’ Support Group (Singapore) ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Wherever possible, please share these images directly from our website instead of saving picture and reposting. Infographics should not be modified in any way.
Please also note that no printing and distribution of physical copies of the images are allowed. If you would like to receive these images in print, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that charges may apply.
Thank you for your kind understanding!
- The Physiological Basis of Breastfeeding. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK148970/. National Institutes of Health
- Getting Breastfeeding Off to a Good Start: https://www.unicef.org.uk/babyfriendly/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/04/Unicef-UK-Baby-Friendly-Initiative-education-refresher-sheet-2.pdf. UNICEF UK
- Baby Backwash Can Trigger Immune Response in Milk. https://www.milkgenomics.org/?splash=baby-backwash-can-trigger-immune-response-in-milk. International Milk Genomics Consortium.
2) How Breastfeeding Protects Babies
- Colostrum: General, https://llli.org/breastfeeding-info/colostrum-general/, La Leche League
- Colostrum of healthy mothers contains broad spectrum of secretory IgA autoantibodies, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22777159/