Links for Professionals
Specifically useful links:
- Ten Steps to Support Parents’ Choice to Breastfeed Their Baby
- How to Have a Breastfeeding Friendly Practice
5. InfantRisk Centre – an excellent resource on medications in pregnancy and lactation; smartphone app available (AppStore: MommyMeds)
6. LactMed – another excellent pharmacology resource; free smartphone app available
7. Dr Lenore Goldfarb’s website includes information on inducing lactation through the Newman-Goldfarb Protocols for Induced Lactation & the use of Domperidone.
9. Texas 10-step downloadable smartphone app, includes information on common breastfeeding issues such as principles of milk production, family planning and the use of pacifiers
10. Article by Dr Jack Newman – How to know if a Health Professional is not supportive of breastfeeding?
11. Some professional journals on lactation
- Breastfeeding Medicine, official journal of the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine
- Clinical Lactation, official journal of the US Lactation Consultant Association
- Journal of Human Lactation, official journal of the International Lactation Consultant Association
13. Articles on Breastfeeding & Pregnancy